STUDENT VOICE REFLECTION 1

Student Voice is a creativity where all the students from each mentor group come together in order to plan mentor sessions and assemblies for the grade. It is a leadership role, where each student identifies for their mentor group.

I was keen on taking on this leadership role in order to enhance several skills.

The first day, all the students from each mentor class came together to brain storm on the different projects we had to approach.  We began this session by allotting each project to a different person. I was allotted to work with a few students from different mentor classes to make a presentation and voice over for it to be presented to mentor classes the following week, which required initiation and planning. We worked collaboratively by assigning each slide to a different person who would be responsible for the information provided on that slide as well as the voice over, and making the presentation come together as one.

The presentation was on safety of women, which is a global issue I work passionately towards. Making a presentation on the importance of this will hopefully help us send out the message to several.