CAS Initial Thoughts

I am quite excited to start doing CAS work because it will enable me to document all the activities and service I complete, and I will be able to look back after finishing the IB and see all the work I did to make sure I did my best in all my activities. I am looking forward to starting something new and trying out a new service as well as continuing swimming and piano. I am going to start Music Therapy with Apex Harmony Lodge which will allow me to combine my piano skills with service and help others using my prior knowledge of music.

Since I am required to swim six times each week, I will need to balance my time well and make sure I have enough time to complete homework and have some downtime. When I swim in the mornings, I need to make sure I get enough sleep, so I plan to finish homework as soon as I get home and not procrastinate, as well as try to complete homework the night it is set. If I do not procrastinate, I will also have time to do piano practice before my lesson. I also have dance on the weekend, so I am hoping to do Culturama at school because practice times are at lunchtime so they do not take up time after school.

Overall I am feeling optimistic for CAS work and am excited to start making reflections so I can improve on my work.

One Reply to “CAS Initial Thoughts”

1. Hannah Giddins says: Reply

Seems like a sound plan for the year and really good that you are able to combine both your creativity and your service. Great that you are able to continue your commitment to swimming and you have a clear idea how you manage the demands on your time. Fingers crossed for Culturama.