I looked at 4 poems, 2 by Dean Young and 2 by Tony Hoagland. When comparing and contrasting these poems, I found a lot of similarities between both poets. Whilst these poems were very difficult to digest, I managed to find some clearer elements which were seen throughout all 4 poems. The first similarity between both poets is their mention of animals/insects: “when a bird is hurt” (T) and “assassin bug” (D). Furthermore, the mention of alcohol: “wine” (T) and “tequila” (D). In the last two poems, there is a clear link in regards to gore: “blood” (T) and “barf” (D). Throughout all 4 poems, there is an element of nature: “walk through high wet weeds” (D) and “dry blow fascicles of grass” (T). Furthermore, there are a lot of rhetorical or absurd questions asked in most of the poems such as: “where is the burgundy of orthopaedic shoes?” (T) and “that ate Van Goh?” (D). There is a constant motif of death between both poems: “death that reveals the quality of a product” (D) and “when my friend died” (T). Lastly, there are also many many weird and absurd comparisons/parallels as well as elements of cluelessness/obliviousness.