My Personal Statement

My name is Jack Tallentire. I just turned 15 and am fully Australia. I need to have goals in my life because I am a very goal orientated person. If I don’t have something I’m working towards I constantly fall bored and am unenthused by a lot of things that go on around me. These goals are important because they impact what I do in my everyday life and the choices I make. These goals spread to all areas of my life including academic, personal, sport, and career goals. I have many goals for all branches, the most obvious and common of all of them would probably be to excel in academic areas in my life – especially in subjects I find extra challenging. This academic goal, as well as many others, are personally not the most fun to work toward. I find a lot of goals in my personal and social life are a lot more fun to work towards because they are goals that come out of me. Academic goals are goals every student has but the personal and social goals I have have been tailored to my experiences so it makes working toward seeming a lot more beneficial in the short term. My personal goals vary from sport to food. They all vary in their purpose and meaning to me but I, at least currently, am really focused on pursuing sport goals such as to be fitter, stronger, harder, and better physically and I think the progress I’ve made at least in that respect is acknowledgeable.

I think when it comes to the academic goals, my parents have influenced these the most, as they set the bar at a good level to work to. They help me push myself to achieve this and remind me of the importance of this academic goal, not only for my future but also for my time in school now. When it comes to my Sports/Rugby goal, I think it stemmed from me realising I have the skills and ability to reach the level I want, and my Dad and coach have really helped me sculpt this goal, and helped me realise I can actually do it if I try.

I think it’s hard to tell right now if my goals are appropriate for me, as I am still young and in school, and I don’t really know what’s going to happen in the future, so it is hard to tell right now if my goals are “right” for me. I think another factor that creates my goals is that being pretty young, my goals might be unrealistic, but I still find it’s enjoyable to try work toward these goals, and it kind of gives you some aspiration.

To conclude, the most important goals for me involve sport and a bit of academics, and I find it enjoyable to work toward my goals, even at a young age. I think the most impactful thing I can do to help me achieve my goals and moving forward is to constantly be reflecting and keeping my goals in the back of my mind.