This photo was taken after my football game against the school NPS. I really enjoy football this year because although we do not win every game we work collaboratively and work as a team. I play as a goalkeeper, so often in games I am observing from the back and trying to organise the team. This is where communication becomes infinitely important, as it is vital that I talk with my team about mistakes and faults throughout the game. Our coach’s role is also important, as he makes sure we are always staying on top of our own game (self-management) and also checking we are collaborating throughout the game. He is not looking for players who just want to shoot and play a solo game, but rather players who have vision in the game, and understand movement and positioning.

Personally, I feel I have learnt a lot about how a team functions and collaborates to become successful. We have had matches in which we felt lackluster as a team, either because we were not energised or not focused. This is when we play our worst, because we cannot work as a team and therefore cannot play proper football. I am proud of how I am always trying to converse with teammates and coaches to see how I can improve my football. This helps a lot because it can be difficult to search for improvements individually. On the contrary, I hope to become more consistent with communication when on the field. What I mean is that I hope to also support other people in learning and understanding, because this will help them improve in games for the team. Overall, I feel our season is going well because we are often trying our hardest to fulfill out spot in the team and to win our matches.

Posted in CAS