Reflection 2: Football B Team

Learning Outcome 02 – Undertaken new challenges and developing new skills

Our match against the Australian Lake School was on the 16/09/19 at a mutual location.

In the first half, we made a lot of mistakes which could have been prevented, the whole team needed some time to get their head in the game, unluckily the other team scored during the first half. The whole team tried to work together, however, we made to many wrong moves and little communication which eventually lead to the mistakes we made.

During the halftime, our trainer tried to shake us up a little, which worked. The second half was going much better – we started to communicate more and gained more control of the ball movement.

Reflecting on the game, for me personally, the game was not very strong on my part. I had missed out on opportunities that I could have easily gotten. The most important fields to work on for me is definitely my fitness and teamwork with the other defenders. Communication between our very important positions and looking at the movements of the other defenders will allow me to make better decisions about where to go and where I am needed in the future. This game was rather a challenge for me, however, I do see my gain in fitness and in defending skills, the training and my personal training has paid itself off.

For future games I will work on my fitness and communication skills, the game that we were able to present in the second half should be the one we are starting with from the first minute of the game, it is important to get ourselves focused from the beginning so we can prevent goals of the other team and show them our strengths as a team as well as personal. If we are able to work together better as a team and show individual strengths it is very likely that we will experience higher success in future games.