How does CAS impact and/or enhance your wellness?

Personally, the activities I do for CAS are my passions and hobbies. By doing hobbies for CAS, we allow ourselves to have at least an hour per week to work on our hobbies and destress. For me, I do pottery for the creativity component of art and it has helped me getting through this stressful time during IB. By doing pottery, I feel calmer and allow myself to stop procrastinating but do something not only enriching but also interesting. On top of that, because of CAS, I started doing yoga and meditation, and badminton. Yoga and meditation has helped me to develop the state of mindfulness, which is very useful when I am very stress. Now, even after CAS, I do yoga and meditation in my room before I sleep to calm my mind down. Also, badminton has allowed me to have three hours of exercise per week in my tightly packed schedule. As research has shown, exercising plays a big part in your mental wellbeing when you are at a stress state of mind. It greatly reduces your body’s stress hormones and allows me to sleep better.

Through CAS, I was given the opportunities to participate in activities that helps my wellbeing, by reducing my stress from academic workload, sleeping better and working on my hobbies.