I’m writing this post around the 3rd or 4th Geo lesson in. It’s great. My Geo teacher is my GCSE mentor teacher so I already know her, she’s very chill. The environment she creates in her class (I’m not talking about the lighting, tables and chairs here) is very comfortable.

The class is quite small in size where I have good friends at my table who have experience in Geo from GCSEs. Though I have no intent on relying on them too much (they’re busy as well), it’s nice to know that someone near me knows the content to some degree. After all, if everyone was clueless, well… it’d be a nightmare.

The teacher makes comparisons between things to easily visualise a concept. For example, she used “The (tectonic) plates are like egg shells floating on water which is the mantle” to describe the movement of tectonic plates by result of the convection currents in the mantle. I found this really helpful and remembered it from the 2nd class.

Fun GeoClass fact:
I was a bit late to my first Geo class as I didn’t know where to go. I for whatever reason, didn’t check my schedule on my laptop beforehand. I didn’t exactly remember where my old mentor class was either. Of course, I could sit down in the corridor, open my laptop to find my schedule, but that would take too long. And my brain doesn’t come up with logical solutions to problems when I’m under stress anyways. My good friend (who was already in class) messaged me which floor to go to and I was saved. I must make it clear that I rarely am late for class. In fact, I like arriving to class before the teacher is there. It was the first week, so I think it doesn’t count (let me believe).