Managing the activity by myself:

As I was the only leader of the activity, it was impossible for me to keep an eye on everyone. The students would often try to forcibly fit the components together, which I couldn’t fix due to my lack of strength. This led to frequent trips to the HS DT lab/classroom where Mr.Williams would kindly separate the components.

Students:

Some students were clearly not interested in being a proactive member of their team, and would sit out on the bean bag, open up a book, and completely ignore their group members. I tried my best to encourage their involvement by saying “your team needs your help!” and “can you come back here? You’re so close to finishing this!” but they would not budge. I then concluded that it was best to leave them be. 

Some other students told me explicitly that they “did not want to be in this activity” and that “their parents forced them to”. This greatly saddened me. I really wasn’t sure what to say to these types of students. I, again, tried my best to encourage their participation (it was difficult).