Maths and Me: Student Homework

1. My name is Kevin Zhang, and my previous math experience includes having taken the Additional Mathematics course in IGCSE.
  2. I think that math is something that often requires regular practice to get right, but it’s also very logical in that it isn’t something subjective like other subjects. I feel ambivalent starting this course, as I know this course will challenge my self-management skills, but I’m also excited about all the new content we will learn!
  3. I would put myself in the middle, as I would like things to be explained when it is a brand new concept to prevent misunderstandings, but from then on, individual studying would help.
  4. When I am “stuck” in math, I tend to keep attempting or trying the problem, but I may then look at the answer key to the problem to try to trace back and arrive at the steps needed to reach that answer. If even that fails, I would just ask the teacher.
  5. My biggest strength would be that I am a pretty good problem solver, but my biggest weakness to focus on would be my diligence, which I think is an important focus to address especially if I am to succeed in the course.
  6. I’ve spoken to Mr. Jacobson after class about my worries already, but again, just about focusing on being more consistent with practice and not being so lazy as in IGCSE’s. I look forward to a great 2 years!

One thought on “Maths and Me: Student Homework

1. Sweet comments Kevin. Keep listening to that inner you and maintain a balanced outlook and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the ride 🙂