Reflection: Marc Nair

After a good amount of research, I came to the conclusion that Marc Nair was one of the more modern poets as compared to most others in his industry. During the session, I wound up with the same conclusion, he seemed to write poetry to help people understand his perspective o major issues and the factor of him essentially rapping his poetry to a tune, was just another piece of evidence. Personally, I really appreciated the way he expressed his opinions in such an open way, a lot of them were based on topics I could relate to and I found myself interested in different ways to make opinions on serious situations, sound engrossing rather than boring. Overall, I really enjoyed being able to interact with such a frank poet like him, it was an enjoyable experience.

2 thoughts on “Reflection: Marc Nair

• January 31, 2018 at 2:52 am
    Permalink

Hi,
    I agree with what you said about how he is more of a modern poet than most others. Many other famous poets seem to write with very complex languages and sentences which make their poetry hard to understand, but Marc Nair used more simple language. This makes me think that wider audiences such as younger people or people who speak second language english can understand and enjoy his poetry. What you said about how he wants to help people understand major issues in the world is also very interesting, and I think his use of more simple language also helps him with conveying his message to the world. I also agree that his openness was great because it meant that his ideas and opinions felt honest and authentic, and his speech was easy and enjoyable to listen to.

I am wondering what how you felt about his actual poems? Did you feel that you learnt from his poems, or did you just enjoy them because of their rhythm and flow?

Reply
    • January 31, 2018 at 3:13 am
      Permalink

Hi,

I do think that the poems were creative and I did learn from them but what I identified with most was rhythm and flow, it was really interesting to have a poem that actually had those two elements instead of being somewhat dull and outdated.

Reply