MINDS #4

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively.

During our sessions at MINDS Tampines, we would often host activities such as drawing and dancing to keep our clients entertained, however, I found that it was sometimes difficult to do the job on my own. Sometimes we would split off into our own groups and have one on one discussions with them, and I felt that at times my partners did not want to interact with me, perhaps due to their lack of social experience which made them feel uncomfortable. This made it hard to do activities with them and because they were uncomfortable it defeated our overall purpose which was to make them feel happy. What I decided to do was partner up with some friends and play games together. I found that doing this alleviated some of the pressure to interact with each other and allowed us to focus on the activity, which minimized the uncomfortable atmosphere and overall everybody had a better time. This is why I realized that sometimes it is better to do things with others and the more people involved with something, the better it might be.

Posted in