Marc Nair: To Speak the Silenced Truth

Marc Nair opened his presentation with a poem, “Plasticpelago”. It illustrated an ocean of plastic, a dire problem in need of solving. The poem really hit me. It was a poem about the silenced truths about our world.  With the President of one of the most powerful countries in the world denying climate change, what world will we live in. Marc Nair battles stereotypes in television with his poem, “Pan-Asian”. He speaks the silenced truths. There are many stories to be told, the truths not spoken frequently enough. The issues in this world that have too weak of a voice. As Maya Angelou once said, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” and Marc Nair did make me feel something unique, something I will never forget. He made me feel obligated. Obligated to speak the silenced truths to our deaf society.

One Reply to “Marc Nair: To Speak the Silenced Truth”

1. Hi Elijah, It’s Izzy.
    I found it very interesting that you thought his first poem was about the silence truths of our world. I thought he was speaking out about the amount of plastic used in the world. I agree with you about the fact that there are several silent truths about our current world and that something should be done about it. What do you suggest we do?