Global Perspectives Inequality Post

Explore the claim that “redressing inequality is the role of all members of society”

My Personal Perspective on this quote is that while it is highly idealistic, it is also very hard to implement into our society. Although I acknowledge that there are so many amazing organisations and people that have dedicated their lives towards helping other people, I feel that it is too much to ask the average person. I believe that morally everyone has a role in our society to support one another as without that, society as a whole would collapse. My family also regularly donates and does whatever we can to help the weaker members of society. However, most people are not able to devote money or energy to others as they are struggling under the weight of their own problems. However, I feel that it is very good that people like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerburg donate large amounts of their money to help millions get out of poverty. If you are able to help I think it is a great thing to do, but I do not think that it is necessarily a role that members of society are entitled to or should be forced upon.

Global Perspective From Mark Zuckerburg :

• Give to those in need as all members of society as important
  • People should try to spread their wealth to those who need it and have been unfortunate to be in their circumstance
  • Government should be taking major actions to bridge this divide
  • Rich should be taxed more to compensate for the poor
  • The poor should be given opportunities to break the poverty cycle if they are hardworking and dedicated

One thought on “Global Perspectives Inequality Post

• November 14, 2017 at 4:34 am
    Permalink

Yes I agree there is a sense of idealism in the statement, but the best ideas always are aren’t they? Your thinking is in line with moral cosmopolitanism – you should look it up!

Reply