First Week of High School

Today is the last day of my first week in high school! Which means it is last day of the weekdays, going into weekends!

The great things about this year was that I was not too nervous to step into the new mentor class, as I had many friends in classrooms close to mine. But the most happiest thing was that my closest friend in this school was in my mentor class. I have known her from Grade 6. She was in this school from Grade 5 and had other friends, but she was very welcoming to me when I joined so I was able to fit in quickly with her and the group of friends she had.

I think only difference I had to coming into to high school was that the teachers for mentor class and for subjects were different. During middle school, I had met most of the teachers during the first year (Grade 6), which made help me quite a lot for going into Grade 7 and 8. Even though, I am not able to talk to the teachers for each subject comfortably yet, I think I would be able to talk and ask questions easily after few more weeks, or maximum in a month.

I am normally a person who can understand other’s feeling  and think about others. I am able to become friends with different types of people if they open themselves up to me. I am very excited for the outdoor education trips that we have a lot to choose from. I really like to do activities that includes collaboration, communication and resilience. In this school, there are a lot of them during a week or two. I like to go outside of my country to have adventure.

I am very interested in what will happen in the activities, services, academics and outdoor ed trips during this year.