Reflective Conversation #2

After submitting my first draft, I was able to understand how economic analysis of a market, in combination with psychology research can help to understand the role of social attitudes in an economic situation, in my case – the labour market. My research was successful in coming to a conclusion, however I found that only part of my hypothesis was true. After unpacking my conclusions and seeing how my findings could be broken up into smaller segments, it really helped me understand the importance of approaching my topic from different disciples as it brings in more factors and variables to come to a more cohesive conclusion. After considering my findings, I view the labour market as a much more complex situation. It is no longer something that can simply be represented by an economics diagram, because people themselves cannot be rationalised and therefore using one subject to unpack my research question is not ideal.

One thought on “Reflective Conversation #2

• September 18, 2018 at 11:38 pm
    Permalink

Do you think economic analysis is ‘reductionist’“? The supply curve has shifted but a rational argument from economics will see this as very uniform (e.g. all points along S1 shift to the right?)
    Your interviews with HR managers has allowed you to look at the richness of data. This might be very good material for TOK.

Looking ahead to November… perhaps this TOK essay title might interest you
    The production of knowledge requires accepting conclusions that go beyond the evidence for
    them.” Discuss this claim.

Reply