Kahaani

Kahaani

This is my third and final reflection for Kahaani. Overall, I think that Kahaani was a great experience for me as it allowed me to not only develop my dance but also to raise awareness of issues to do with poverty within india. For the show itself, we had a total of 150 tickets sold, which was the maximum due to COVID restrictions, of which all the funds raised will be used to support development programs for those in poverty with mental and physical disabilities. This is an important event for me, being someone who works with PWD every week for the past 3 years, I know the struggles that they face within society and how it plays a significant role on them. Although this contribution by me done through Kahaani, regardless how small, will have at least somewhat of an impact on someone’s lives, and through media and promotion of this event as well would also raise awareness of the issue we are advocating to solve. 

Throughout the whole Kahaani journey, we all collaborated as a group to plan each rehearsal time and, as I’ve said before, I made sure to spend time at home to know the dances by heart. I believe that planning my time was essential, considering the amount of other extracurricular activities I was juggling at the time and my academics too, and so finding the right time to rehearse and fitting each rehearsal into my schedule allowed me to do quite well in the final performances. I would say, one difficulty for me were the formations for each dance and how we needed to know where we were going to be for each particular dance, but I found that being diligent and aware of my surroundings, this obstacle was easily overcome.

#LO3#LO6