kahaani

Kahaani

This is my first reflection for Kahaani. Kahaani is a dance showcase done by kol kata GC to raise awareness and money towards their cause, through Kahaani which uses Indian culture and traditions in dance form. In this reflection I will be focusing on both learning objectives 5 & 6. I have never been really comfortable with dancing as I thought I was very uncoordinated and had flimsy movements as opposed to my peers. I found that when I asked for help from others and getting help breaking down each move I found it was much easier. Especially for the partner dance which required me to pair up, I found that when communicating, spending time on the dance and working together really helped to put it all together. I think when working in groups, especially for a dance showcase like kahaani, collaboration is extremely important. Also, when doing kahaani I learned about Kolkata’s GC’s mission and how the funds we raise will help to improve the livelihood of certain people in India. Having participated in Kahaani, I know of the issues we aim to address and am more aware of what our goal is.

#LO5#LO6