Muay Thai – Post 1

When I lived in the UK, I studied Karate for around 5 or 6 years and I have a deep love of the sport and so when I shifted to Singapore I fully intended to continue my training at another dojo, however, I encountered the problem of not being able to continue my training from my current level (brown belt) and having to start again from scratch. Being so close to a black belt already, this news was very frustrating especially as in the time frame I’m living in Singapore the training system wouldn’t allow for me to progress to black belt. To combat this issue I chose to continue fighting but to switch disciplines and in turn train myself as an MMA fighter rather than simply just a Karate one, and so I picked up Muay Thai which is traditional Thai boxing.

I have thoroughly enjoyed learning this discipline and it’s similarities to Karate have not only allowed me to practice old skills and moves but also progress quickly when learning new techniques as I am familiar with the fighting style. I have also found training to be an immense stress reliever which is a Godsend as everyone knows IB is a highly stressful time… I am eager to see how my journey with Muay Thai progresses and to perhaps pick up Ju Jitsu so that I cover all my bases and become well on my way to becoming an MMA fighter.

Posted in CAS