This year for my creative journey I have involved myself in many activities. I have always been a very creative and artistic person so I always try and involve myself in the arts as I really enjoy it and think it has amazing learning outcomes.

First of all, I auditioned and got into the cast for our annual G9, G10 and G11 HS production of Robing Hood. I have been involved with the productions every year since grade 6 and I have learnt and experienced an amazing amount. I really enjoy the productions as it allows me to keep developing my theatre and acting and to also meet a variety of new people in my school. I always try and challenge myself to keep pushing my learning and making it difficult for me, I definitely think that the productions have provided me with the confidence I have today and the knowledge I carry.

Secondly, I also auditioned and got accepted into performing for our dance show Culturama. I have never been much of a dancer and it is something I was a little nervous about, but I decided to throw myself into something new after watching the performance last year and enjoying it so much. It looked like such a wonderful opportunity and seemed too fun to miss out on. I am really happy I decided to try something I was not so confident in and push myself, I think I will learn lots from this different experience and maybe I will also take part next year.

Lastly, in my own spare time I also really enjoy drawing and painting and more, I like time to myself to explore and generate artistic material. This time and the product is just for me and is something I am passionate about. It has been a hobby of mine for a while and is something I greatly enjoy. I might consider joining an art club in the future but at the moment I stick to this hobby at home.

I am very excited to showcase my creative journey throughout the first year of IB and hope that I learn many new and interesting things along the way.