Writer’s Fortnight: Seema (TWC2)

Coming into this session, I didn’t realize how much more interactive it was just because of the amount of time where we really got to ask questions and dig deeper into what the organization was. I felt like this session was also really different to the other ones, due to the fact that it didn’t relate much on how to be a better writer as the theme is learning different aspects of writing from really different people with different backgrounds. It seemed like it was more of a chance to let us to step in and play the role of asking good, thought out questions and from that to get a good understanding of our questions and the answers given. This session made it really clear on the work that Seema did and the organization that she volunteers for. It made me realize how in my local community there are situations like this where it needs more attention than it actually has. As mentioned, I feel like this session was mainly for us to get answers but by asking the right type of questions but to also get a better understanding of the issue as a whole. The connection that I can make with this session would be spreading awareness is one thing but actually taking action and start putting it into works of making progress is another big thing. Like previous sessions, this session inspired me in a way that taking action and spreading awareness is key in order to make action happen and achieve the goal that’s been set. I can relate to this with my own service at school (GEP) because I’ve had the experience of how hard it is to actually put things into action and get the end outcome. Another thing that I didn’t really understand was if the organization also helped with domestic workers or if it was specifically focused on migrant workers, also if the rules that applied to the migrant workers applied to the domestic workers.

One thought on “Writer’s Fortnight: Seema (TWC2)

1. Your thinking where you said ‘I felt like this session was also really different to the other ones, due to the fact that it didn’t relate much on how to be a better writer as the theme is learning different aspects of writing from really different people with different backgrounds.’ pushed me to wonder about whether being a good writer needs a perfect formula, or whether it comes from yourself and your willingness to write.