Fitness with the Hougang Care Center :: Initial Reflection

Today we had our very first session this year of Fitness with the Hougang Care Centre. Now the people, who our aim is to run activities with, didn’t show up today as we need to first sort ourselves out and understand the common goals and objectives needed to be achieved. We first got to know each other around the room as there was a mix of grade 11 kids such as myself, with grade 10’s. Afterwards we sat down and all discussed what we knew about the centre – which was a fair bit! And also talked about what each one of us wants to get out of this service. Personally I wanted to get smiles and laughs out of all of the participants in the service. I have been apart of numerous services over the past few years adn even was the chair for one of them and a common factor in all the services was that we would go out to a community or have them come here and do activities with them. One was to do with kids living in HDBs and another was to do with elderly people who had little to do in HDB’s. All in all I just like seeing people happy. Whilst we aren’t combating world issues and trying to solve hunger I believe every little bit helps and how if we are to fix big problems like the SDG’s we must all know how to solve problems in the first place and I believe services like this not only give fulfilment but also experience in how to engage audiences and combat difficulties.

I believe that in this service I will bring charm and charisma so as to make the students around me as well as the men and women joining us to feel comfortable interacting and having fun which is of paramount importance when measuring the success of this program! Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.

LO3 Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.