Heart Of Robin Hood Initial Reflection #1 – (Creativity)

The Heart of Robin Hood is an adaptation of the robin hood play which is taking part in our school. This year, I decided to sign up for the play and I got a featured role which means I have about six lines, and otherwise I am an ensemble role. This first week of rehearsals have been very exciting, the whole cast has gone over the play. We went over many exercises to get us thinking and starting to devise parts of the play. The experience alone is something I look forward to because both the script & the cast are amazing. I decided to do this play because I did IGCSE Drama but unfortunately I was not able to continue it at IB. So, in order to not lose my touch of drama, I decided to do the play as well as to gain a profound and new experience. In the play, I have a double role, my ensemble role is a soldier for the antagonist, Prince John. But when I am in my featured role, I am a priest. I have come to realize that the process of the school play is a long and tough one that requires lots of commitment & effort. However, this is an experience I am looking forward for.