Reflection 2: HL Essay

After writing the mini analysis, the feedback has shown me a decrease in performance from paper 1.
My main focus after receiving the second feedback is further narrowed down on analysis structure and evidence. Having a clear PEA structure will help me to strengthen my chain of analysis – in order to achieve this, I will need to take time to thoroughly go through new texts and practice this structure very clearly until I know how to do it in a shorter time.

In the mini analysis, I have received a 2 for criteria A and B whereas in my Paper one I have received a 3/4 in A and B.  Since the portrait text is still very new to me, I would reckon that understanding the text is still insufficient, as I was not sure on the task. Not being able to understand the text in regards to the context and other insights has then decreased my quality of the analysis and evaluation.

To strengthen this feedback I have received, I will take a look at my HL essay to make sure that the structure is clear and that the thesis strands are clearly supported by evidence that is reasonable within the context of the text.