Project week Reflection #1.

LO#3

One of the activities that makes UWC experience special for me was the project week. A week worth doing various activities, services or creativities with our group friends either within Singapore or outside Singapore.  Since the project has to be student led, I got lot of experience through doing independent research and taking roles and responsibilities for our group. For me, the most exciting part was doing the research about the different activities that we hoped to do in that particular place because it was very new and interesting activity that I have done before. Some of the activities we discussed to do were cycling in Taiwan, hiking and trekking in China and rock climbing in Indonesia/Thailand.

Due to limited budget, we had to cancel our plan to China and Taiwan and decided to go for Indonesia/Thailand. We were not sure if we should go for the activity in Thailand or Indonesia, so we were trying to get in touch with the organisers to sort out the itinerary estimating for about a week. However, not so long after working out the itinerary list, the school had to cancel our project week trip due to Coronavirus spreading across the world quickly and to maintain safety for all the students at school. I lost all the excitements the moment I heard the news but I knew that the school was making this decision for us.

Posted in CAS