NYAA Physical Recreation Reflection

For the NYAA physical activity, I decided to pursue tennis as my activity. I have been playing tennis for quite a long time now, and the NYAA has given me the opportunity to be able to log and note down the times I have been training to better see my own progress and look at how far I have come.

Playing tennis has always been a long time interest and hobby of mine, and I trained quite extensively in both the school team and personal training. From the start of my log, every training for tennis has always focused on a specific aspect of my game, such as my serve, groundstrokes, or volleys. However, I felt like the biggest part that I wanted to improve was my match play experience, as at the time, I hadn’t been exposed to many matches and as a result, my performance during matches wasn’t able to effectively reflect my performance during training. As a result, I often aimed for training that had match play included within it, and as a result of that, I feel that I now have a lot more experience with playing matches and have a much stronger mental game as well.

Another key aspect of my game that I have been able to develop was my serve. Prior to the NYAA physical activity involvement for tennis, my serve has always been quite strong, but I felt like I wanted to be able to better target and control my serve to go where I want it to in other to get a better variety of shots through it. As a result of the regular training and logging of the training, I feel much more confident in my serve’s accuracy now, and I am able to better aim and target the shot to suit my game style.

Overall, the journey of playing tennis has been very positive, and I look forward to continuing to train and playing the sport!