The August Round Up: The Networked Educator Part IV

on

Network flickr photo by gritphilm shared under a Creative Commons (BY-NC-ND) license

Welcome to the penultimate round of our challenge!

I’ve long been a big fan of Sylvia Duckworth’s.  If you haven’t lost yourself in her amazing bank of resources, take a deep breath and then: click here.  As our networked-educator challenge comes to month four, I’ve thought about our journey, about many of the conversations I’ve had in person (and online) with our participants, and I think one of Duckworth’s sketchnotes captures the essence of what we’ve been doing:

flickr photo by sylviaduckworth shared under a Creative Commons (BY-NC-ND) license

From ‘hmmm’ to ‘yay!’

Reflection has increasingly become a staple of student workflows everywhere.  Does this mean teachers have a great responsibility to mentor reflection? Does this mean we need to do more to make space for it?  George Couros suggests yes, that we have to protect and book in time to go from ‘hmmm’ to ‘yay!’ often:

People may ask, “Why do you have to blog? Why not just reflect?”  When you reflect on your own, you are accountable to yourself. When you blog, you are accountable to yourself and others.  Others need to hear your voice.

Enjoy our latest musings:

So what did teachers from seven different countries have to say this month?

Click here.

Interested in joining our group for the final month? You can access our prompts for the big finale below.  Please leave a comment with your questions on our challenge.

Made with Padlet

*Featured Image Courtesy of Flickr and Mario Klingemann