RSS Feed

CAS Reflection: Changing the World Through Photography #2

0

November 11, 2020 by aslan79457@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg

• LO3: Planning and Initiating Activities

For Season 1 I planned to do photography, service, and kahaani.

The outcome of my planning was that I could focus on getting used to the workload in IB, and develop good habits from the beginning of the year. I feel like this helped a lot with getting used to everything before starting a lot of activities, and making sure that I can manage my time well.

As the activity progressed, I tried different techniques for managing my time, and finding out which one best works for me. Therefore, I felt more stable as the activity went on to start signing up for other activities that I was interested in.

There weren’t any major difficulties, however, I think that taking this time to figure out the best way to manage my time, has limited my opportunities to try out for activities during season 1 and has made the rest of my year, in season 3 and 4 a lot more packed (if I want to try all the activities that I am interested in).

I think because I have developed a good strategy, taking on a few more activities would not be very stressful as I have techniques in place to manage my workload.

These are some of the photos that I have taken during this activity:

These are taken from the last few weeks of the activity when we started exploring different things we can actually do in the camera. Below are some examples of the double exposure effect we did – we take pictures of 2 things and then overlap them inside the camera to combine them into one picture.

• LO2: Undertaken New Challenges and Developing New Skills

I have always been really interested in learning about photography, so to get a chance to explore new skills and especially learn how to take good quality photos has been really fun.

These are the different skills that we added to our ‘toolkit’, and this has really expanded my limited knowledge of photography and cameras. Adapting to the new techniques, and new type of activity was a little challenging for me.

There weren’t any challenges that I couldn’t overcome in this activity. I think this is because I really enjoyed it and tried my best to really understand what is going on.

I will definitely have a more open-minded approach to challenges like these in the future because now I know that I will actually enjoy some of the things that I am scared to do.

I will definitely develop these skills and continue using them in my everyday life when taking photos of different things.

0 comments »