Fresh Fruit Friday Experience

My experience at Fresh Fruit Friday

Fresh Fruit Friday is a college service that I’ve been doing since Grade 10. The environment is undoubtedly different, but its core and routine remain the same. Currently, I have, recently, begun to pick up fruit every Friday morning, which is then delivered to the service room. During Friday lunchtime, other Fresh Fruit Friday members and I will pack all the fruits into boxes so that it can be provided to the organization’s location, HealthServe, who assist Migrant Workers during times of unemployment. So, what’s it like to be in Fresh Fruit Friday? Fresh Fruit Friday has been an educational experience that has helped improve my understanding of what a migrant worker suffers from, and how an organization helps these, underprivileged, individuals through tough times of unemployment. Because of this information, I’ve developed a sense of sympathy for migrant workers. Because of this, in the future, I wish to develop my involvement with migrant workers through working with NGOs who aim to aid migrant workers during times of difficulty.