Podcast Challenge Wrap up post

Three relevant quotes:

“It wasn’t strength or smarts or leadership potential that accurately predicted whether or not a cadet would finish Beast Barracks.”

“Mental Toughness is Built Through Small Physical Wins.”

“Mentally tough people don’t have to be more courageous, more talented, or more intelligent — just more consistent. ”

These quotes link to our challenge as we did screen free meals, meaning the challenge is divided into small fragments of time. It wasn’t about how hard we tried to keep away from our phones or how much more we could gain from not checking our devices. It was about keeping a constant reminder to not pick up the phone by habit and consistently encouraging ourselves to overcome our desire. This correlates with the idea of end of school year as we should reflect on what we were able to consistently do good on, and be more persevering on subjects we feel are challenging so that we can have an accomplishing school year.

I should have thought about self management more during collaboration. Each of us uploading our recordings, intros/outros and thread recordings are very important to completing the podcast making process on time. I would have thought more deeply about having a calendar reminder everyday on a fixed time period to remind me to upload my daily recordings. I need my partner to upload and complete their part of the work onetime the post. Even though our podcast was completed on time, I still felt that if we both scheduled our uploads and completed our works ahead of schedule we could have created a better product since we would have left out time to improve and reflect.

This scissor was the sharpest tool during this challenge as it is for cutting out distractions. Our challenge is about cutting out phones as a distraction so this tool is highly relevant. There are more distractions in this challenge than the screens themselves. Other distractions can be other family members and friends at the table using their phones, or talking about stories they saw on their device. The idea of using your screen just becomes so much more tempting so I definitely needed to work harder to stop these distractions from disrupting my consistency during the challenge.