Initiative for Peace

I chose to join initiative for peace (IFP) because I have heard about the experience through friends in older grades. The thing that intrigued me the most to join was the way that my friends talked about how they talk about topics of controversy in IFP and that people from different backgrounds, religions and races could all come together and talk through how they felt without judgement. I think that I’ll learn more about other people’s perspectives and how they view the world which is important to do as I believe you should always listen to other people especially when talking about global issues.

With starting a new activity there will be challenges that could arise as in IFP we talk issues that not everyone will agree on that could personally affect people. This will hopefully also give me a chance of learning more about myself and my values

From joining IFP I would like to become more open-minded towards other people and their views and try and understand from different perspectives. Although there is no true way of measuring my improvement of skills I think that there will be a difference in how discussions start versus ending.

#LO2 #LO6