UWC Day Reflection

On the 20th of September, corresponding with the UN peace day, UWCSEA celebrated our diversity in nationality and culture. I was proud to go to school wearing an Indian traditional Kurta Pajama. Something that left a different impression on me from the previous years was that this year we were partnered with K1 students. It was strange to see how they saw UWC Day. From what I could gather they weren’t incredibly aware of the value of diversity or about the idea of giving back to the environment. It is interesting to see how being exposed to an environment that promotes change can shape them into who they are in the future. Growing up in an environment that promoted diversity I can understand the importance of having a diverse community. Today was not only about diversity though. It was also about being a changemaker when we were with the K1’s we were told a story about how one person no matter how old can make a difference. Something that I took away from the story is that if you really want to change something you can. You just have to work to it though.

0 comments on “UWC Day ReflectionAdd yours →