2/6 Design Thinking – Creative Process // DT

After deciding on what my design goal and success measures would be, I searched online for existing ideas, then I drafted some possible ideas for my final product. This allowed me to develop my technical skills in 3 point perspective drawing. I was able to develop a range of feasible ideas while considering suitable materials, joining methods, finishes, dimensions, and functionality. After analyzing my ideas, I discussed with my client to see which design would be the most favorable for her.

I got the opportunity to be creative within certain constraints, I was able to use some of my research into existing designs to develop my own, as seen below. It was interesting to see how different designers went about attacking the same design goal, and I wanted to incorporate some ideas from some of the designs, such as the height, into my ideas.

Here is where I evaluated my designs against my design goals, and success criteria, and an example of what my client review looked like under each drawing. This helped me further empathize with my client to gain a better understanding of clients needs and wants/