Mid Year Reflection // PSE

What are you most proud of this year?

There are quite a few things I am proud of this year, however, I would like to think that the most important part so far has been my leadership skills and capacity. I am working on many projects and with many teams which have been both a challenge and a developmental experience for me. Some of the roles I have taken up this year include being Co-Chair of Ladakh GC and Executive Officer of Permaculture.

What unexpected challenges have you faced?

As per my role in the Leaders of Environmental Initiatives, it has been difficult to onboard some of the individual service groups and teacher facilitators. I have had some slight complications and conflicts with some teachers along the path, and, yes which have been unexpected, my leadership and changemaker capacity has increased too. I have grown to learn that positive changemakers will always face resistance, and that is the nature of the style of work they do.

What subjects would you like to focus on more? Why?

I think I have been doing fairly well in most of my subjects, the subject which I would like to focus on more would be Sl Physics. I feel although I need to spend more time and effort investing in my learning in this subject. Physics has been a little bit of a challenge as I transferred into the class a little late, but my path has been clearing up my path to my academic goals.

What are you most proud of outside your academic subjects? (Think about your attitude, activities/service, friendships, etc)

Outside my academic subjects, something I have been proud of is my ability to prioritize what I care about most and what matters in the bigger picture. I am proud of my commitment to my extracurricular, attitude towards working on new projects and sustaining old ones.

Given your experience so far, what advice would you give yourself for the rest of the year?

For the rest of the year, I would like to remind myself to keep up the energy and attitudes in all aspects of school life.

What one goal would you set yourself for next year?

Generally, I want to enjoy the process of the last two years of High School, along with working on the things I am passionate about. So I guess you could say my goal is to work hard to build up my portfolio and capacities from all angles, and look funky doing it 😎

One Reply to “Mid Year Reflection // PSE”

1. Rebecca Kenny says: Reply

Look funky doing it 🙂 Love this!!! How have you handled the conflicts/issues encountered as part of your role in Environmental Initiatives?