Initial reflection 2

LO 5:  Working together to achieve an outcome

Planning began about 7 months prior to project week. At first, I thought that it was too early to plan but it was after the December break that I realized that indeed it was true that, the earlier the better. There were lots of assignments and deadlines after the break so although we still had to fill some forms here and there it was not that much since we had already done a lot of progress in the previous year. each member of our project week group was assigned a role over a period of planning last year. My role was, ‘a media person’ in which I was responsible for keeping a record of our meetings, photography, blogging and a bit of technical stuff. I must say that I collaborated with everyone in our group since that was the only way I could achieve my role. I found it really hard to collaborate with some of my team members. The reason being that they were my everyday friends in the boarding house so instead of focussing on our planning, sometimes we played at the expense of project week which delayed our progress significantly. However, we still ensured to meet deadlines at all times. I will make sure in the future to become an effective team player by taking the lead during group works, setting goals and maintaining order to ensure productivity. I will also make sure not to work with my friends ever again having learnt of the consequences of this. One of the challenges we faced while planning was inefficient communication with our supervisors. For instance, we would send them emails asking them about the details of the project we are going to do but then due to some circumstances, they would either not respond to our emails or take too long to do so. This was rough on our end since it meant we had to consider other viable projects which set us back.