What is your reaction to the idea that no one in that society is allowed to read books?

My reaction to the idea of people not being able to read books is very shocked. I believe that books are good ways to learn and understand culture in a new and different way. Books are ways that authors can creatively express themselves through stories and I believe that society needs them to function and operate. Books are sources of hope and inspiration which people use for themselves. A society without books is truly a disappointing one. I believe that a future without books would cause society to fail because of the heavy influence that stories have had on the modern world and pop culture.

The first book I hope would not be found on the list is Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Although a children’s book, this is one of the books that really got me interested in reading and I feel like it is always a nice book to think about because it was something that I really loved reading years ago, having so much sentimental value would make it really hard to have banned.

The second book would be Maze Runner. This is a book that also held a special place in my heart when I was younger because it was a step in getting me to read more complicated books. I would read it all the time and it would be hard to see it be a forbidden book.

The third book is To Kill a Mockingbird. This was a book I read for English and I enjoyed it much more than I thought. To me, this book was a bridge between the past and the present. Bringing many historic connections between the 19th century and today’s world. It also showed the disparity and change that has happened over time.

Charlie and the Chocolate factory. This is one of my favorite books of all time and I think it is because I loved watching the movie as a kid and I loved reading the books even more. Roald Dahl was also an incredible author. The crazy idea is what made me feel so intrigued by the story and I think that this is the main reason I loved it so much.

Finally, The Giver was one of the stories and books that I enjoyed because it was set in a slightly dystopian setting. It was interesting to me to see how authors can manipulate different settings and show a futuristic and different reality. This really peaked my interest in dystopian and alternate versions of the world. It was one of my favorite books.