LO2- “Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process. A new challenge may be an unfamiliar experience or an extension of an existing one. The newly acquired or developed skills may be shown through experiences that the student has not previously undertaken or through increased expertise in an established area.”

This year’s Musical Showcase requires me to develop and push my comfort levels when it comes to performing and devising a musical, as it is a lot more student-led than I anticipated. However, this allows me to build on the devising skills that I started to develop during IGCSE in drama. This musical definitely pushes me because I will be playing a lead character in one of the musicals, and therefore being fully committed to the role in front of a live audience will be challenging, however, it will hopefully come a bit easier after lots of practice performing in drama last year. I  think because of the nature of this production, it requires us to try lots of things and see what sticks. As a result, I think I have been pushed to try and develop the ability to be comfortable with uncertainty – something that creates a lot of stress for me. I believe this risk-optimizer mindset can prove to be useful in other aspects of my life.