LO4- Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences. Students can articulate the stages from conceiving an idea to executing a plan for a CAS experience or series of CAS experiences. Students may show their knowledge and awareness by building on a previous experience, or by launching a new idea or process.

As our event approaches, we’re having to plan for how it’s going to work, not only the broader picture and how we can engage the school community effectively, but how we can logistically ensure the process runs as smooth as possible. I have planned experiences before for SV and therefore it is not a completely new experience for me, however, planning something this large is definitely a challenge and pushing me out of my comfort zone. In addition, it is a brand new event and thats never been done before, thus setting realistic expectations can prove to be a bit harder as we don’t know what the general event will look like.

It is a tendency of Shreya and mine to just plan all the materials ourselves and work individually without involving/depending on our GC members, thus we’ve had to make a conscious effort in trying to involve all the GC members and delegating responsibilities amongst them. Being a good leadership is a skill that I think even many adults haven’t even wrapped their head around, and so expecting a completely smooth journey will be unrealistic. However, we both are trying to involve others more, work on our communication and improve community spirit!

Shreya and I plan to call atleast a few times during the break to ensure we hit the ground running as soon as we get back from school. It will be quite tight to book all the equipment, send all the emails, make all the promotional materials so soon, and thus working over the break will be essential. I foresee us getting too caught up in the details and forgetting to get people excited about the event and marketing it right. Thus, this is something to be conscious about.