My goal has been to explore and connect with Singaporean culture and history. I have walked by the beach multiple times, and always thought that organising a beach cleanup would be an effective way to spend a morning, trying to make a difference in a small way. I am part of a group called Bye Bye Plastic Bags in Singapore, which focuses on raising awareness about eco-conscious decisions that can be made in order to improve our interactions with the environment, and turn them from destructive, to constructive. We organised a beach cleanup, though with the COVID regulations it was always difficult to do. However, we went down to East Coast Park in the morning, and started picking up whatever trash we found. We organised and recorded it so that we understood the trends and what type of trash was being most thrown away and littered. I found that plastic bottles, not just water bottles, but drink bottles, shampoo, any liquid container, were the most common. Cans, and styrofoam were not as likely to be found. Whilst we were cleaning up, we met another old uncle who said he comes here to clean up every week. This made me realise that I do not need to plan a whole day of work to come and clean a beach. I can do it whenever I want to. Sometimes, we get too caught up in the logistics that we fail to see the practical ways in which we can make a difference! We collected 32kg of trash in one morning, which made me realise just how much lack of awareness there is surrounding littering, and throwing away materials that can harm the environment. Thinking about how to get the message and awareness out there is the true challenge, and one that this activity taught me to reflect on.