22/12/20 – Marang Trail, Hort Park, Kent Ridge Park

I decided to go for a hike with my friends during the holidays. I was in awe of the beauty that is present in Singapore. I had never realised there were so many well-conserved areas free of industrialisation that were open to hiking, trekking and becoming closer with nature. As we walked along the paths of the Marang trail, starting from Mount Faber and taking us all the way to Kent Ridge Park, I also became familiar with places in Singapore I had never been to. Hort Park was one of the prettiest parks I have been to, and I saw how Singaporean heritage played a large role in it’s identity through it’s meditation gardens and tranquility flowers. As we hiked along, we discovered new roads and paths, which made me realise that there is so much more to learn about Singapore, despite it’s small size. Amongst the stress of school, finally being able to decompress with my friends amongst nature was the best thing I could have asked for. Along the way, we became acquainted with new cafes, new MRTs and added this to our knowledge of Singapore!