Black Lives Matter Movement – What is my perspective on this issue?

https://time.com/5845752/america-has-its-knee-on-us-george-floyds-death-was-a-breaking-point-protests/

I think there is a lot to think about when it comes to black lives matter movement. There are two sides to the story from my perspective. To me, I feel as though equality is extremely important in today’s modern society, why should there be racism, are we all not the same, do we not operate and live in the same society, are we not given the same opportunities? I think in relation to George Floyd’s unfortunate murder, it was just the tipping point for many people. Many were already on the edge because of numerous police brutality cases, and I think the tragedy just hit many people very hard and caused them to act out. I completely support the black lives matter movement and I stand for it, I have signed petitions, shared links to videos and such petitions, kept up with the news and done my part as an individual. However, I feel as though many people who spread awareness only do it for their own mental stimulation in the sense that they do it to feel good and not cause they actually feel sad or angry from the issue. I must admit by saying I too did this at the start, to feel like I contributed, but then looking over the numerous videos of how crap African-Americans of the United States are being treated truly saddens my heart. However, there is a counter-argument to this, this is an argument that is very valid and which I think is also to be discussed. I understand that many are enraged with the racism going with this issue, but protests are not ideal with a global pandemic situation going on, not only are you putting yourself at a risk but you are putting other people too, which to me is not fair, the chances of spreading are increasing because of this. By risking your country, you are risking other countries too. I support BLM completely, but spreading awareness through violent protests is just not what is meant to be happening right now.