Culturama Reflection #1, 25th August 2018

When auditioning for Culturama my goal was to get in and be able to dance by the end of the activity on the performance. This was a very big challenge for me because I had never danced before and I am a very inflexible person. But nevertheless, I signed up and decided to practice through the initial routine in order to try to get in. I practiced both in school and at home, I asked a friend if they could tell me what I could improve and what I am doing right and as the audition came I had learned the dance pretty well and performed what I knew, that was a great experience because I got to learn dancing which is something I never knew how to do before. Although I was very scared with the performance I had some friends perform with me which helped me boost my confidence, also because I was a new student, I didn’t feel as much pressure as I thought that the students here didn’t really know much about me so they wouldn’t pay as much attention. Although it had all worked out, in the end, there are things which I would consider unsuccessful, some parts which I practiced that I was unable to time it well when I was performing.

Now that I have finished learning the audition part of the song I would like to learn more independently, this is because I think that there were times where I was relying on others which made it hard to practice at times. When the audition results were shown, I was pleased to know that I got in on the audition as when auditioning there were quite a lot of people trying out and that caused me to be very scared as there were many people watching others dance.