Drumming With Hougang Center – Reflection 4 (LO: 4)

LO: 4

This year of drumming with Hougang Center has been an excellent learning experience that has helped me develop my skills in creativity, persistence, and collaboration. During the final service session, I was able to see the personal growth that each of the clients had gone through over the course of the year. Another thing that stood out to me was the level of collaboration between each of the members which had improved greatly each week with new sessions. During the session, it seemed that the clients were having the most fun with the orbital drumming and rain drumming activities, as they were both creative and easy ways of playing the drums with everyone at once. It was nice to see that both the clients and the students were able to enjoy the final session of drumming together.

While the year has certainly been fulfilling, there were also a few challenges that I had to face. it was important that I remained committed to the service group regardless of how busy things got with outside commitments. I find that my commitment to the service has certainly helped me in other areas as I am able to remain persistent despite the extra work that I may receive in school. Another skill that has benefitted from this group is my collaboration, as one of the key aspects of the service has been working together to provide the best drumming experience to the clients.

Overall, I have had an enjoyable and insightful learning experience through this service. I believe that in the future, I will be able to employ the skills that I have learned and developed in this service to other areas that I apply myself to.