FINAL PROJECT WEEK REFLECTION

Recently we found out that due to the current Covid-19 situation, project week will be cancelled for our grade. This was really frustrating for everyone to hear because we have all worked so hard on the planning stages of the trip and communicating with external contacts and now it seems like it’s all for nothing. I think that I showed commitment when we first started to question whether or not project week would be cancelled, and I just continued to plan the trip as normal, however as the virus seemed to get progressively worse, I lost some motivation. It has been really frustrating knowing that we put in a lot of time planning this trip that we could have used elsewhere for either activities or schoolwork. I think I need to remember though that this has taught me what goes into planning a trip on your own, and the breakdown of how much a week long trip will actually cost on a budget. I think it was really good that the parents/teachers made us plan this all on our own as it has taught us various life skills as well as how to work collaboratively. It’s really disappointing that we aren’t able to go on our trip, but I know it’s more disappointing for some groups who planned to visit service partners for example.