Student Reflection: Jasper Durrant

Personally, my time at PCF I found quite rewarding. I feel like PCF allowed me to connect with kids that I normally wouldn’t have, and having an opportunity to make their day really touched my heart at times. I think one of the main challenges that we faced was definitely the medium through which we talked to them. Being forced to communicate and tell stories through calls really sucked, and I feel like we couldn’t fully get across the stories, connect with them, or make the activities as engaging as we could have because we weren’t with them in person. Another main challenge was also on our end, maintaining effort when preparing and presenting to the kids. I feel like because there was such a disconnect, and we never really got to build bonds, it was very easy to not invest yourself at all, and try and get by by doing the bare minimum, which really isn’t fair to the kids at all. That being said, I feel like we as well as the kids on the other end managed to both find meaning in our storytelling sessions, and at the end of the day, I feel like we both had fun.