Football ECA Reflection 2

As we near the end of the football season, there are many things to look back upon and take into account. This season was a slow one, having lost all our games except one, but the main one we won, against our rivals UWC Dover, two words to summarise this season, bitter sweet. There were many things that I felt, the team and myself improved upon, the main one being teamwork. Even though we lost, there were goals and targets that we accomplished each week, the change was obvious and drastic. Not being able to even pass a ball to each other accurately at the start of the season, we found that our passes at the end of this season, were about 95% more accurate, we could even predict each others movements.

However, there are things that we could further work on too, in order to aim for the A team next year. We need to be able to keep pushing forward even if we are a goal down, this not only helps us in football but also in real life, the attitude of being hardworking.

With that being said, I personally feel that throughout this season, playing as a right back (defender), I carried out my roles, however I could be more team oriented, even though I did well as a sole player, together with the team, I needed to be more critical with my decisions in order to benefit the team.

This football season really gave me an insight on the beauty of teamwork, without it, a team would not even function.

LO Achieved: 1, 2, 4, 5