The Design Journey and Sweden Part 2

Now to the second part. This summer, I talked with Sara and Jens Fager, my aunt and uncle who are both designers about my RM (Resistant Materials) coursework in which I am designing a product for my parents Sara works as a designer at Ikea and Jens is a well known designer in Sweden and has his own design company

Here are Sara and Jens Fager

I am creating a sustainable lamp with storage documented in a design portfolio which currently has 25 pages and 14,000 words. I am at the stage in which we have consolidated the design and I am now planning for production. Since I am at the stage where I think I am going to pursue architecture yet still fundamentally considering about the environment in my design, this is a great step forward.  Although it was difficult to decide between Music and RM, I think it was a good choice that I took this course. In addition I am playing the cello in the High School Symphony Orchestra so I have regained that passion. Grade 8 was the year I realised what I really wanted to do. All the things that I thought was important or had fun with, which is the environment and building/designing things respectively, was there but I didn’t realise before that this should be what I should do later on in my life.

The lamp that I am creating will be sustainable in the sense that it will hold a long time and there will be a use of “green” and sustainable materials. Everything from the light which is LED to the storage to the base will be as “green” as I can make it. Although this is a difficult product to make, I am up for the challenge and it has been quite successful. Here are seven pages that I thought might be interesting too look at as I am unable to show you all my work. Some of the pages are not finished.