Cas Creativity Reflection – Makeup

A critical turning point for my interest in alternative solutions to solving problems happened at thirteen. In consequence of not having a Halloween costume a few Octobers ago, I used household items and makeup to create an ersatz Cheshire cat look, an endeavor that served as a turning point for my interests in the upcoming years. I self-taught myself body painting and delved into the world of creative body art and illustrative techniques, building a platform on multiple media outlets (https://bit.ly/362sl1Z). Through determination and practice, I started working with brands from the industry to promote products and services. This gave me experience in contract negotiation and skills in building personal branding, as well as developing marketing techniques.

Starting my artistic journey at the age of 13, the desire to create art that I attained soon became an unyielding obligation to myself to explore the inner mechanism of my creative consciousness. From small sketches to full-body paintings, my art is a highly personal reflection of myself. Therefore through the LO1 (Identifying own strengths and developing areas for personal growth), I was able to see myself from an outsider’s perspective and build my skills off criticism.