LO4-Show commitment to and perseverance in your CAS experiences. Students demonstrate regular involvement and active engagement in CAS.

Kahaani 2019 was the final school performance I had the chance to do before graduating later in May of this year. Because of this the entire performance and the work leading up to it were filled with emotional memories and some nostalgia.

Making this performance the best I could, was hard because it also coincided with a time of high stress and panic – mostly revolving around university applications. In the tense environment of transcript sending, school list finalizing and the excruciating time of waiting for university decisions to be released, taking the time off to learn a dance with my classmates was tiring and felt unnecessary at times. I wanted to quit many times and talked this with a few of my friends who were also thinking of doing the same thing. The pressure kept depending and I had had enough and really wanted to quit the dance to be able to concentrate on other seemingly more important aspects of my university applications.

But I found encouragement withing my teammates’ enthusiasm and the fun we had when we learned and practiced the dance. I meet countless new friends and learned the importance of perseverance. I became friends with numerous people who I would never have interacted with otherwise.