CAS Intermediate Interviews

After my Intermediate Interview for CAS this term I made one very big connection with all of my activities which is a skill I have developed over the last year. During my initial CAS conversation I discussed that one of my biggest weaknesses was collaboration as I had always felt that I needed to be in full control and did not trust other people to do work with them. After battling this weakness throughout the year, I began to trust the people that I was working with, not only in actives but also in the classroom. Additionally, I found that in order to use my personal organisation and discipline (which I originally viewed as a negative trait as it prohibited me fromĀ  working well with other) I had to transfer these skills into leadership ones. I never used to see myself as a leader, but rather a shy individual, but over the last year, I have found outlets to use my leadership skills and take control in group situations. Whether this be by running the play in Lighthouse, or allocating roles for my project week group, or even leading a dance in Kahaani I have managed to use my organisation skills to allow myself to stay on top of things, while guiding a larger group of people as well. This has also helped me build the trust between people and thus has improved my collaboration skills.